URBAN DESIGN CONFERENCE | ADELAIDE, S.A.
Adelaide certainly delivered a stunning backdrop to host the 7th International Urban Design Conference from 1 – 3 September 2014.
We would like to thank our presenters, delegates, session chairs, tour guides and sponsors who participated in making the 7th International Urban Design Conference a great success.
The conference theme "Designing Productive Cities" explored the framework required for creating today's cities, the process of designing and shaping our cities to make them more functional, attractive and sustainable.
This year's program included 9 keynote presenters, 58 session presenters, forum panellists and 17 poster presentations.
Conference highlights were notably the Welcome Reception held in the visually captivating, SAHMRI Building and hosted by the Office for Design & Architecture South Australia (ODASA) as well as the very popular walking tours held on Wednesday, 3 September 2014.
The Program Committee would like to thank our 2014 Keynote Speakers:
- Mr Ludo Campbell-Reid, Design Champion, Manager Environmental Strategy & Policy, Auckland Council, New Zealand
- Mr Robert Caulfield, Architect, Caulfield Krivanek Architects Pty Ltd, VIC
- Professor Rachel Davey, Professor of Health Research, University of Canberra, ACT
- Mr Peter Edwards, Director, Archipelago, QLD
- Mr Ben Hewett, South Australian Government Architect and Executive Director of the Office for Design and Architecture SA (ODASA)
- Professor Graeme Hugo, ARC Australian Professorial Fellow, University of Adelaide, SA
- Dr Christine Satchell, Senior Research Fellow, Urban Informatics Research Lab, Queensland University of Technology, QLD
- Dr Marcus Spiller, Economist and Planner, SGS Economics & Planning, VIC
- Ms Caroline Stalker, Director, Architectus, Adjunct Professor, School of Design, Creative Industries, QUT, QLD
Feedback from 2014 Attendees:
* It's the only conference specifically targeted at urban design in Australia.
* Great educational experience!
* The conference covered an extensive range of topics, always interesting and diverse.
* A very good way of keeping up with developments in Australian urban issues.
* It was very valuable in terms of exposure to topics.
* Sharing knowledge is just as important as keeping professions alive!
We look forward to your involvement and support of the 2015 Conference. The destination and date will be announced in the coming weeks.
|Geoff Barker, Managing Director, PM+D ARCHITECTS P/L (WA/NT)|
|Dr Beau B. Beza, Program Director, International Urban and Environmental Management, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (VIC)|
|Mr Peter Edwards, Director, Archipelago, QLD|
|Sharon Mackay, Design Director, Office for Design and Architecture (SA)|
|Michael Neustein, Director, Neustein Urban (NSW)|
|Alistair Ray, Associate Principal - Head of Urban Design, Jasmax, New Zealand (NZ)|
|Kelvin Walsh, Director City Sustainability, Hume City Council (VIC)|
|Gay Williamson, Consultant, Research and guest lecturer at Canberra University (ACT)|
|Peter Sugg, Urban Design Australia Conference (QLD)|